Monday, February 27, 2012

Silent Witness

Silent Witness...I'll explain.  This was another piece of my personal ministry for the month.  It was a total of two hours.  Silent Witness is where you go to a public place and hold up a sign signifying your love for Jesus.  It could be something simple that says "Jesus Loves You" or "Jesus Knows Your Pain."  Any of these kinds of things will work.  The purpose of this is not to use word of mouth to minister to others but to let a simple phrase shout out a thousand words in the hearts of everyone who sees it.  There are many times when you face rejection and I was yelled at a few times from car windows but it's all to the glory of God.  The point isn't so much to radically change people's lives by standing on the side of the road with a sign but to plant a seed.  You never know what someone could be going through and you could be that wonderful blessing that they needed to lift themselves out of the rut they're in.  You could even possibly be preventing potential suicide with it.  It's an extremely powerful form of ministry and I love to do it.

Jesus sign...get it? haha

A big reason I love it so much is because I'm a reader of faces.  I love to see people's reactions and I love to try and figure out what people are thinking by what their face or body language is saying.  It's an awesome feeling when you can look at someone and just know that you've ministered to them.  Sometimes words get in the way of what the heart wants to get across.  I believe that if we are bold in our actions all the time then people would see the sincerity of our hearts and we wouldn't even have to use words.  I was extremely blessed, as I am every time I do this, in knowing that someone that passed me or saw me received something from what I was holding up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment