Monday, February 27, 2012

Personal Ministry

This month I went over to Nancy Carter's house again for the Senior adult lunch and fellowship time.  Just as last time they were excited to see us and welcomed us with love and eager hearts.  We were actually able to eat this time and the food was GREAT.  If you know me then you know I love pulled pork and this pulled pork was on point.  On top of the awesome food, there were two missionaries from Haiti there that I had actually met earlier that same day, Jim and Gina Hudson.  They spoke and had so much to tell us about Haiti.  Everything from how crazy the roads got to voodoo temples.  The church that they had just finished building stood where a voodoo temple once was.  He said that in that one area alone there were around 3-4 different voodoo temples.  I can't even imagine how many there are in the whole country.  They went on to talk about how they needed funds to continue their effort in ministering and rebuilding Haiti.  They're going to be there until 2014.

After Jim had told us about their missionary work in Haiti I was asked to lead the worship for the devotion.  It was an incredible time of worship.  You could feel God' presence in the room with all of the seasoned followers of Christ.  There is so much experience in that one room that it is almost overwhelming when you enter into worship.  I was lucky to be asked to bridge the gap between multiple generations with the songs that I sang to our Savior.  I kept the songs older and familiar to them so everyone would know them and we could all worship together.  Though, with that aside...there is a beauty in the old hymns and songs that just can't be replaced when it comes time for worship.  Such honesty and sincerity in those songs.  It was a great time of ministry, fellowship, and worship.

One of the songs I sang for the worship time.  Beautiful song

No comments:

Post a Comment