Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Being A Band

I spent this past weekend on the road with Julian Drive. It was an awesome experience with some great people. Their ministry is a genuine one and I really appreciated seeing that as I spent time with them. Amongst all of the fun and the work I saw a great team; five people who came together to make their band greater than what it was. What they all had in common was their love for God and their passion to do what they love to do. I found myself missing the camaraderie of a band. I missed being able to play music with a group of people who love it just as much as I do. The members of Julian Drive are all great people in their own right and they have many trials that they have to face but I saw how worth it all of it was.

Any time you have a team you have to have good vision and leadership for it. A band is no different...you're not going to go anywhere if you can't come together as a team under good leadership. However, a good team isn't made up of one leader and a bunch of followers, it's made up of a team of leaders who all contribute equally to a common goal. For a band, this isn't just applied behind the scenes but on a stage too. Everyone has to pull their weight equally for a band to be successful. Most people look past these things and don't see how much work it takes to be a part of a good band. You have to give musicians credit where credit is due...the ones that are on the road have a lot of work they have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment