Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ministry and Football

For the month of September I spent a lot of time on the high school football field, but not in the way you might think.  Tim came to us as leadership students and asked if we'd like to serve the varsity football team at his son Isaac's high school.  Naturally we said yes because we all love football.  It's been a lot of fun but it's also a very good time to minister in a different way.  For the past few weeks I've been recording the games with Ben so the coaches have something to watch after each game.  If they didn't have these videos then they couldn't learn from their mistakes and improve on their triumphs.  It's an important job and I'm more than happy to do it because I love high school football.

When we record the games we have to record them play-by-play.  We have to make sure we pay attention as well so we know who has the ball and where it's going in order to follow all the action on camera.  It's definitely different watching a football game through a camera but you catch a lot of things that others wouldn't.

This month I spent 8 hours altogether doing video for the football team.  The second game we were away and instead of being on top of the box like we were before, we were inside it.  There were too many people inside so I had to take the camera off the tripod and go handheld in order to get the right shots.  It was good experience for me in the area of flexibility and making quick decisions.  Luckily the video turned out good despite not being on a tripod.

I look forward to doing this some more in future months but until then I'll keep you updated with my week to week learnings.  Thanks for reading guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment