Thursday, October 25, 2012

Leaving A Legacy

 Change is a powerful thing. Time changes all of us and keeps the memories we have stored away. Time gradually unleashes who we are and before we realize it, we become who we always wanted to be...or who we never wanted to be. I want my life to be a reflection of a man worthy to be remembered. Not because of my greatness, but because of God's greatness in me.

We were in South Hill, VA ministering at South Hill COG this week and I found my past rapidly smacking me in the face. I didn't see what I used to, but I saw the way that the people I knew had changed and how my life wasn't my life anymore. People that I'd known so well, I didn't know anymore. It's reflective and it's sobering when you come to a reality like that. That moment when you realize that you're becoming the person that you want to be but you're leaving so much behind. It's that same moment that begins your true legacy on the world.  In that breadth  of awakening; when all the time that has been spent in your life begins to turn like a clock, you realize that all the time wasted up to this point was precious and the rest is going to be equally as priceless. The Law of Legacy says that “Lasting value is measured by succession.” I see that my life and the legacy I leave is going to be measured by the way I live it. I hope and pray that I leave a legacy worthy of the time I invested on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment