Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Practicum #3

I stayed at Chafik and Ella's for most of this week.  I did everything from taking Christmas decorations down at the church to going to a lady's house to help her move metal and wood.  The week seems like a giant blur.  I barely remember everything I did and I can't count the hours spent at the church.  I was there Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday (today).  Worship was really good this week and it was a lot of fun playing electric.  I haven't really picked one up in a while.

I think lack of communication is always a hindrance.  That's a big thing I learned this week.  I also learned that as leaders in the church you shouldn't let bias dictate how you act from person to person.

I found myself most beneficial when we helped out the lady at her little farm this week.  I was able to sort of understand what she was going through and therefore relate to her and talk to her about it.  Her husband left her for another woman.  I contributed a lot in music this week as well with the addition of the electric guitar.  I found myself least beneficial around Chafik and Ella period.  It seems like I can never win with them and honestly I'm done trying to please them all the time.  It makes me miserable.

My favorite aspect was getting to play electric guitar honestly.  It felt so good to play one again and have it shape the music and sound really good.  I miss that.  Dealing with Chafik and Ella was on the other end of the spectrum however.  It seems that I can never truly get it right with them.

God's kind of telling me that you can't please everyone and also that He's with me.  He's going to bless me with the desires of my heart but I don't need to push it so much.  I need to just let him work it all out in His timing and endure each season for what it brings and what it teaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment