Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Practicum Post #2

This week was mostly spent at my house again.  I was able to hang out with my brother which was nice and Christmas was good as well.  I think I wore out my Xbox though, beating two games in two and a half days.  Hopefully this new disc drive I ordered will get it running again.  It enabled me to spend some time with my brother working on it though which was pretty cool.

I completed four hours of practicum this week and that was today.  I helped out with the worship this week playing bass which really added a lot.  Bass always fills in the sound, that's why I love it so much.  Something I noticed, that I already knew but it was nice to put in to practice and be reminded of, was that a good practice goes a long way but you should always be aware of the songs that you pick for a worship set.  It really does decide a lot of the way a service is going to go.  I always spend time praying about the songs I should sing when I get the opportunity to lead.

I obviously felt most beneficial in music this week but I didn't feel ineffective because that was really the only thing I was able to do with the church this week.  Chafik and Ella are back from vacation now so I'll be able to ride with them to church and get a lot more hours in.

I really enjoyed my time with my brother Daniel this week.  I hope I was able to be a positive influence and atmosphere in a negative environment.  I think he's having some spiritual struggles right now and I'm just trying to be there for him by being a brother.  Just hanging out and relating to him.  He's got a lot of talent and I can't wait to see how he uses it in the future.  However, I would like to get out of the house and I'll be able to do that next week.

I've come a long way and God's been dealing with me in that area.  As a man I've got a lot of work but I've made a decision that I'm going to be a better one than I've been in the past.  Despite people I've hurt and relationships I've broken because of my own brokenness, I'm looking forward from here and climbing my hills with new strength.  Yeah, I'll probably fall on my face a couple times but I'll get back up.

"Why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." -Thomas Wayne in Batman Begins

No comments:

Post a Comment