Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ain't No Reason

I'm seriously tired.  For the past couple weeks I've had nothing but physical and emotional strain on my body and it's taking a toll.  I've been contemplating my future lately as well.  I'm not sure if I want to go to another college to continue school or if I should stay with Lee Online and just move somewhere.  The last thing I want to do is go back to South Hill.  I've been thinking about UNCW for something in English or Creative Writing.  If I didn't do that my other option would be VCU, but I'm leaning more towards UNCW if I'm going to go to another university.  I love Wilmington and it's a good school.  My other option is to move here and continue online schooling, which doesn't really seem like the most golden idea at the current moment.  I suppose I'm just ready to start my life and fully unleash my potential on the world.Whichever way you look at it, choices are never easy.  I just wish my indecisive brain would let me make up its mind.

Now let me just take a moment to talk to you.  If you're a human being living on this earth, and not some alien from another planet who's emotionless zealousy makes you hell bent on other people's destruction, than STOP and think for a minute.  What right do you have to make someone else's life miserable?  Good question eh?  If you can't come up with a suitable answer other than that you have no consideration for other people's lives than you don't have a good answer.  However, in life there is a morality clause that is dictated by each individual person.  In other words; people think they can do whatever they want based on their own morals no matter who it hurts!  I might get in trouble for this one, but I'm gonna say it. The worst way people hurt others is by justifying their destructive actions with religion.  It's an infallible safety net...but not to the person in pain.   Does that make this incessant thorn in everyone's side right? OF COURSE NOT. But this giant grey line over mankind leaves people crippled, broken, and misunderstood.  It gives people this sense of entitlement and that in itself is dangerous.

All I'm saying is, don't wage an unnecessary war.  It seems the one thing everyone desires is the one thing that causes this the most.  Love.  Or what people define as love anyway.  Real love should save us. Yeah, there are some bad people in this world, but for those of us that are decent...can we try to live up to that decency?  There's a lot of misery in the world.  Why don't you try thinking about them the next time you want to act on your "morality."  If not...well...I'm sure someone somewhere will give you the time of day, but not me.

There ain't no reason things are this way.  Sing it Brett




No comments:

Post a Comment