Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Practicum #1

I didn't do much this week other than sit at the house.  Without a vehicle I have no way to get to the church until Ella and Chafik get back.  I've spent a lot of this week in rest and reflection.  Being alone with myself gives me a lot of time to think.  While in large amounts this is harmful for me, it's been good to take a step back.  I only spent 2 hours at the church this week and that was today because my dad dropped me off on the way to his church.  Hopefully I'll be able to make up my hours in the coming weeks.

I would like to say I accomplished a lot in the area of ministry this week but I haven't really been outside of the house.  So I'm going to void questions 3 and 4 for another day because I really don't have anything for them.

The best part of this week was the time I was able to spend with my brothers and the time I spent today with my dad.  We went to see Skyfall, which was awesome, and me and him were able to talk some more about the things that are going on and about my future...all the normal father son stuff.  Being at home every single day, however, has started to get redundant and lonely.  Next week I'm shooting to be out of the house mostly...I hope anyway.

God has been telling me to be patient.  Not just in getting out of the house but in all of my life.  I'm always so quick to jump the gun and I need to calm down sometimes and not get so hasty.  It seems like He has to remind me of this quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment