Monday, March 19, 2012

Your Tempo's Off Bro...

This week we took a class on Garage Band!  Yes yes, it's awesome I know. haha  Needless to say the first time we recorded...the tempo was a little off.  On a serious note though, the class was taught by the one and only Daniel Rogers this week and I think we learned quite a bit from it.  We have an assignment due in a couple weeks in which we have to record a garage band file, 2 minutes in length with 4 or more different tracks.  Personally...I'm pretty excited about getting in to this because if you know anything about me it's that I LOVE music.  Not only do I love music but I love to write music and I'm pretty anxious to get started on it.

An example of using multiple tracks
In the Garage Band 101 class we learned how to record first of all.  We learned how to start and save new files and also how to record more than one track.  We learned about using real instruments and software instruments. We also used the looping system in which you take pre-recorded   tracks on garage band and loop them through in order to create a song.  This works well for people who don't really know how to play an instrument but sing or rap and need music for their songs.  Garage Band has a multitude of uses...anywhere from recording for a personal album or just a small song to use for an event of some type.  We mainly focused on how it could be used for ministry and there are many ways that it can be utilized for that as well.  You could use it for youth events, background tracks for video, songs for altar.  I even joked with Daniel and said that we could use it for lip syncing.  Lip syncing for the hoarse worship leader. haha Of course we would never do that but it was a funny idea....I think so anyway.  Garage Band is a program that I've played around with before along with other recording software but I've never really gotten a chance to actually use it when I want; which is exciting. I'm sure we'll be learning a lot more about Garage Band in the future and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment