Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sore...

Needless to say...I'm a little sore from body shop this week.  I did a lot of shoulder and chest work, triceps and biceps.  Yeah...I gave in and used the 20 lb dumbbells at the house. lol  I was able to make the bench incline and decline so I got three different workouts out of that.  It's light weight but I did high reps to make it burn more and make it more effective for me.  Gotta work with whatcha got right? haha  Well anyway, I did quite a bit of core work this week along with running two miles and I decided to change it up a bit in the realm of cardio.  I set up stations in the basement with a mattress that I used as a punching bag and a sleeping bag used for ground pummeling.  The third station was used for sprawling where I would fall on the ground (sprawl) and then jump back up and punch 8 times.  I spent a minute in each one of these stations and rotated through them a few times.  I learned all of this a while back when I took fight classes but haven't done it since...it kicked my butt a little bit. lol  All in all though I got a really great workout this week and it was much less boring than running for all 3 of my hours.

Altogether I got more like 5 hours this week instead of 3 but that's definitely not a bad thing.  All of this is helping me get back in shape and increasing my strength and endurance.  Gotta be ready for the Appalachian Trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment