Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Practicum Blog #2

This past week I spent less time at the church because it was closed most of the week but also because I wanted to spend more time with my family.  For the church I was there on Tuesday and led a song for worship for the guys bible study.  Today, Eleesha and I did a skit for the Sunday morning service.  It was a little last minute for me but we pulled it off.

I believe I completed a total of 10 hours this past week for my practicum.

In ministry you're going to have to learn to adapt to different personalities.  You have to learn people and in order to do that you have to have friction and get into their lives in every aspect.  Sometimes you're going to be placed with someone who is a polar opposite from you but you have to decide to be flexible and learn to work together effectively.  Flexibility and understanding people.

I found myself most being most beneficial around my family because right now more than ever they need me around as much as I can be.  They're being strong and pushing through but I can see in them that it's taking a toll.  At the same time I'm not sure how beneficial I was to them.  I tried to be there as much as I possibly could, so I hope my time spent was a benefit to them.

My favorite aspect about this week was Thanksgiving and my least favorite was leaving.  The only reason it was leaving was because it was hard to leave my family with what's going on now.  I knew I had to though.

God is still telling me to stay strong but He's also ready to start a big work in my life to be the man that He wants me to be; and it's time to let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment