Sunday, November 18, 2012

Practicum Blog

This week for my practicum at South Hill Church of God, I did a number of things for the church.  I helped with worship on Sunday and ran sound for the Tuesday night youth service.  I also served in other ways such as raking and bagging leaves, moving tables, and teaching the Sunday school lesson for the guys.  There were a total of 17 hours that I spent serving the church this week.

Sometimes the unexpected comes about and that is something I learned while serving this week.  Especially in today's Sunday service.  Our practice went reasonably well but we had technical difficulties at the beginning of worship which ended up throwing off most of the rest of it.  I also learned that you have to learn to prioritize what you can and have to do for the church.

I found myself most beneficial in a worship setting and teaching setting.  I don't remember a particular time this week where I felt least beneficial except for in the beginning of worship when my guitar wouldn't stay tuned.

Honestly, my favorite aspect about this week was the time I've gotten to spend with my family.  To me that is what a break is about.  My least favorite part of the week was balancing all the stress that I've felt on our practicum.

God has been telling me, plain and simple, to persevere

No comments:

Post a Comment