Monday, April 9, 2012

Personal Ministry


My personal ministry for the month of March was spent doing a lot of yard work. Haha  And this was over spring break. I still got a break but my family loves to utilize me for this. An hour and a half was spent raking my front and back yard. This may not seem like a lot but my parents love to just let all the leaves accumulate until the whole yard is nothing but brown. After I did this I cut our grass which took me about 2 hours. I was using our old push mower which loves to resist the grass it's cutting. If that makes any sense. It is the weirdest machine. Later that week I went to my grandparents house and mowed their lawn and there's is quite bigger than ours so it took more like 2 1/2 hours for that one. Their back yard goes mostly uphill so that was fun...haha. They love for me to do work though, so they were nice as always and brought me water and other things so I didn't get too tired. All in all these weren't bad at all. It was actually a really nice time to take a step back and reflect on a lot of things. I always try to take opportunities like those to think about everything. The last thing that I did for personal ministry was mow my Nana's lawn. My Nana is my grandmother on my mom's side and she lives by herself. Now...her yard is a few acres, one of which is downhill. Lol I enjoyed doing this though, along with all the other ones. This one took me around 3 hours with all the weed eating and everything too. (which I did with the other ones as well) These were good personal ministries and I was glad to be able to help out my family for nothing. Made me really feel like I was back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment