Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Goal

Now that body shop for Mission Baltimore has become a personal endeavor I can finally fit some weight training into the equation!  And man did I miss it.  Of course you always have to throw cardio in there (the most boring always being the most important) to stay in shape; so I have to keep up with that too but all in all I like this.  I'm trying to push myself hard for my goal of weighing in at 185lbs and keeping it that way.  I'm around 240lbs now so I have about 55 to go.  I'm excited to get there.

What I did this week - Weight training including things like benching, front and back squats, dips, triceps and threw in some core work as well.  Always gotta work the core!  Extremely important!  Don't wanna keep that stomach flabby if you're getting everything else right! haha  I also ran a few miles this week as well. (The boring I was talking about earlier)

Now I look nothing like this guy...but I thought I'd show what a squat looks like for anyone who didn't know.  I do hope to achieve this eventually though.  Work Work Work!


How Long - Total of three hours; two of weight training and one of cardio

Health Benefits - These workouts will make me stronger, not only in general but also in focused areas.  The cardio will help build my endurance so I can push farther the next time.  Combined with weight training and done right it can be a monster for losing weight and staying in shape.  I just have to keep up with it!  It's also best to work big muscle groups for faster results...but I can't go easy on myself.  The key is to give all I've got all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment